Use this bundle of addition fact fluency games & activities to enhance your basic addition to 20 skills. Strategies included: doubles & doubles plus one, ways to make 10, and using 10 to add 8 & 9.
Looking for SUBTRACTION Fact Fluency Games & Activities? Find them HERE!
- Peanut Butter & Jelly Doubles Match - students match the doubles cards (peanut butter) to the answer cards (jelly)
- Doubles Plus One Tic Tac Toe - students draw a game card, solve the doubles plus one fact, and place a game piece on the answer. The first player to reach four in a row is the winner.
- Doubles Dash - very easy prep game! Students roll a number cube (1-6), move that many spaces on the game board, and solve the fact on the space they land on --- This game is available within 10 and within 20 for easy differentiation :)
- Doubles Plus One Race - very easy prep game! Students roll a number cube (1-6), move that many spaces on the game board, and solve the fact --- This game is available within 10 and 20 for easy differentiation
- Doubles Dominoes - students match doubles & doubles plus one dominoes
- I Spy Doubles and Doubles Plus One - printable game where students find the most doubles facts against a partner
- Ways to Make 10 Board Game - students race around a game board reading the ten frames and figuring out what the number needed to make ten (optional kid game pieces included)
- Smore Make 10 Memory - students match the problem to the answer (ex: 4 + __ matches to 6)
- Connect Ten - students use grid to color in two boxes that are next to each other that make ten (ex: a 2 & 8 are right next to each other in the grid, students would color that) -- kids take turn coloring two number boxes that make ten, and the last person to color in boxes is the winner.
- Make Ten Bubble Bump - played like a regular BUMP game -- students roll a die (1-6) and cover the number needed to make ten
- Make 10 Puzzles
- Make 10 Domino Train Cards
- Roll & Cover Board Game
- Build Ways to Make 10 Dry Erase Mat
- Helpful teacher teaching notes page
- Empty double ten frame for use with games
- Adding Nines Board Game - students race around a game board solving addition problems involving 9s
- Adding 8s & 9s Board Game - students race around a game board solving addition problems involving 9s
- Cookies & Milk Nines & Tens Memory Match - students match the 9 facts to the 10 facts (ex: 9 + 4 would match with 10 + 3)
- Spin Some Sums - students spin a spinner and solve the +8 or +9 fact (3 versions included)
- Using Tens Turtle Race - played similar to the deck of cards game "War"
- Using Tens Pizza Points - students choose a fact card and the solve it. The player with the larger sum gets a point for each round. The player with most points at the end of 10 rounds wins
- Adding Nines Roll & Cover - printable board game
These fact fluency games are a great way to help your students learn their addition facts quickly. They are engaging and simple to play. I pull them out all year with my students on "Fact Fluency Friday" -- Every Friday morning, once all games had been introduced, students grabbed a partner and got to choose a fact fluency game that they wanted to work on. No need to worry about holiday or seasonal themes -- these are great ANY TIME of the year!