Addition Fact Strategies to 20 Bundle - Anchor Charts, Flashcards, Worksheets
Products in this Bundle (3)
Also included in
- Do you need to provide explicit strategy instruction for the basic addition and subtraction facts to 20 in first or second grade? This money-saving bundle of six math resources with anchor charts, flashcards, and worksheets has what you are looking for! Give your students visual and verbal cues thatPrice $25.60Original Price $47.00Save $21.40
Are you looking for a money-saving bundle of three math resources that support explicit strategy instruction for the basic addition facts to 20 in the first and second grades? You’ve just found it! Save $5.00 with this set of coordinating anchor charts, flashcards, and worksheets with built-in supports for learning is specifically designed to help you teach addition fact strategies in a systematic and sequential way.
Here are the addition fact strategies included in this bundle:
- Add 0
- Count Up/ On
- Make 10
- Doubles + 1
- Add 10
- The 9 Rule
- The 8 Rule and
- Monkey in the Middle
All of the basic addition facts to 20, except 7 + 4/ 4 + 7, are covered with this set of strategies.
Try the resources in this bundle:
- with your whole class
- in your small instructional groups
- in your small intervention or resource groups
- in your tutoring sessions
- for morning work, seat work, or homework
- at home
Check out what your fellow teachers have to say!
- “I love all the uses for this resource. The flashcards with visual prompts, the activities that make kids sort what skill they need. This really helps cement the skills for students and helps them understand the topic.” Rebecca V.
- “Life. Saver. I used this every Friday with my students to introduce a new fact strategy and it worked wonders!!! I am so, so pleased with this resource.” Sarah A.
- “My son LOVES having these to use as “memory helpers” and I love them because they make it so easy for me to explain the concepts/ strategies. Thanks!” Amanda L.
Download this FREE Addition Fact Strategy Sample before purchasing!
Save even more money ($15.00) when you buy my Addition and Subtraction Facts to 20 – Fact Strategy Bundle!
Do your students need visual cues to help them recall and apply strategies to compute the basic addition facts to 20? You’ll find this set of 9 addition fact strategy anchor wall charts is a wonderful way to provide visual cues for explicit strategy instruction for math facts to 20 in first and second grades.
I’ve also included single-page charts for a title heading, the doubles facts, and the make ten facts.
These classroom-tested addition fact strategies and their cues provide the visual and verbal hooks that will enable your students to recall and apply them to addition facts.
You have a choice of color or black/ gray/ white options.
In addition, I’ve added small quarter page size mini-charts. These may be hole punched and placed on rings. You can send them home with individual students or keep them handy at school to use as an easy reference.
This latest edition has anchor charts for both Count Up and Count On so you can choose the wording you prefer. There is also a single-page chart illustrating the Make Ten facts with ten frames.
This resource includes 39 usable pages to help you teach addition fact strategies with visual and verbal cues:
- 5 pages teacher information
- 13 pages color full-page anchor charts
- 4 pages color quarter page mini-charts
- 13 pages black/ gray/ white full-page anchor charts
- 4 pages black/ gray/ white quarter-page mini-charts
Would your students benefit from visual and verbal cues to help them recall and apply mental strategies to compute the basic addition facts to 20? You can count on this set of flashcards with built-in cues to reinforce the addition fact strategies you’re teaching your first and second-grade math students.
Each flashcard has a thought bubble with a picture and/or a word cue for the corresponding addition strategy to prompt your students.
There are at least 2 flashcard versions for each strategy except Count Up/ On. There is a black and white version available for each strategy.
I would not expect anyone to copy and use them all. Choose the sets that you know will be most beneficial for your students. Please note: Some pages have blank spaces.
You’ll receive 69 usable pages to help you teach addition fact strategies with visual and verbal cues:
- 5 pages teacher information
- 64 pages of flashcards (6 per page size)
- Add 0- Color picture cue
- Add 0- Black & white picture cue
- Count Up/ On- Black & white- words & picture cue
- Doubles- Color picture cues
- Doubles- Black & white picture cues
- Doubles- Words (B & W)
- Doubles + 1- Equation cues (B & W)
- Doubles + 1- Words (B & W)
- Make 10- Color ten frame cues
- Make 10- Black & white- ten frame cues
- Add 10- Color hundred chart cue
- Add 10- Black & white hundred chart cue
- The 9 Rule- Color words & picture cue
- The 9 Rule- Black & white words & picture cue
- The 9 Rule- Black & white words
- The 8 Rule- Color words & picture cue
- The 8 Rule- Black & white words & picture cue
- The 8 Rule- Black & white words
- Monkey in the Middle- Color picture cue
- Monkey in the Middle- Black & white picture cue
- Monkey in the Middle- Black & white words
Do you need a set of systematic, sequential worksheets to reinforce identifying, discriminating, and applying mental strategies for computing the basic addition facts to 20? You’ll love this comprehensive set of addition fact strategy worksheets for first and second grades! Oh, and just print and go!
With the exception of the word problem worksheets, they are designed for either guided or independent practice.
These sets of addition fact strategy worksheets are cumulative, based on students learning the previous strategies.
Beginning with the second strategy, Count Up/ On, these worksheets are included in each strategy set:
- Identifying equations associated with the current strategy (coloring)
- Discriminating between learned strategies (coloring)
- Given two strategies, sort equations (cut and glue)
- Given two sets of sorted equations, write the strategy
- Apply learned strategies to solve equations
- Apply learned strategies to solve word problems
- Assessments (forms A and B) for strategies learned
: The methods and materials for introducing each strategy are not included in this product. You can find additional products in my store designed to help with this.
It is also assumed that you have taught the commutative property, i.e. flip-flop or turn around equations.
Your purchase includes 102 usable pages to help your students master the basic addition facts to 20:
- 6 pages teacher information
- 6 pages Add 0
- 13 pages Count Up/ On
- 12 pages Doubles
- 11 pages Make 10
- 11 pages Doubles + 1
- 10 pages Add 10
- 11 pages The 9 Rule
- 11 pages The 8 Rule
- 11 pages Monkey in the Middle
Check Out More Resources
Don’t Lose Out
Be sure to follow my store! You’ll receive email updates about new resources and discounts. New resources are often 50% off for the first 48 hours!
Don’t forget to provide constructive feedback. You’ll help me continue to create quality instructional resources that are useful for your classroom.
Better yet, TpT will give you feedback credits that you can use to lower the cost of your future purchases.
Just go to your My Purchases page. Beside each purchase, you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment on the resource.