Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
2.5 MB | 47 pages
*Use the cards in this file to play the game KABOOM!
*These are also great to use as flash cards for students to review their addition facts!
Adorable zoo clipart accompanies each fact.
To play KABOOM!:
1. Print and laminate game cards.
2. Decide which facts you’d like students to review.
*You may want to focus on one set of facts or include multiple sets.
*If focusing on one particular set, you may want to print out multiple copies to
ensure the same facts will show up often.
3. Shuffle the “deck” of cards you’d like to use -- include *at least one* KABOOM
card. *Multiple KABOOM cards may be used. A KABOOM card basically
means the player must give up all of his/her cards.
4. Place face down. Have students pick a card and give the correct sum.
5. If a student answers correctly, he/she keeps the card.
*If a student cannot answer or gives an incorrect answer, the card goes into a “to
be shuffled" pile
6. If a KABOOM card is drawn, the player loses all of his/her cards. The cards (and
KABOOM card) are shuffled and then put back into play.
7. This game can continue for as long as you’d like. I like to set a time limit for my
students and let them know whoever has them most cards at the end of the
game is the winner.
*This is a game of skill (as students must know their facts to earn cards), but it also is a game of luck. Anyone can draw a KABOOM card at any time.