Have students who need more practice and review with the addition facts to 20? Then, you’ll want this jelly bean addition fact strategy sorting resource! It will give your first and second-graders the opportunity to become more fluent with those addition facts to 20.
Take a closer look by clicking on the green VIEW PREVIEW button above.
The strategies in this resource correlate with those in my Addition Fact Strategies Bundle.
- Add Zero
- Count Up/ On
- Doubles + 1
- Make 10
- Add 10
- The 9 Rule
- The 8 Rule
- Monkey in the Middle
- Jelly Bean Jar Addition Strategy Sorting Activity
- Cut & Glue Sort by Addition Strategy Worksheets
- Color by Addition Strategy Worksheets
The sorting activity includes a half-page size jar mat along with eight jelly bean equations for each addition fact strategy.
With this easy-to-individualize activity, you choose the addition fact strategies that best match each student’s instructional needs.
Create your own math centers! Ariana and Finn can be working on Count On and Doubles addition facts to 20 while Emma and Isaiah are reviewing The 8 Rule and The 9 Rule.
I included optional recording sheets for writing the equations for two or four strategies. There is a sheet with blank handwriting lines and a sheet for writing the numbers only in an equation format.
There are 5 cut and glue sort by addition strategy worksheets. There are two strategies on each worksheet. These are all the same design.
There are also 5 color by addition strategy worksheets with a pair of strategies on each. Again, these are all the same design.
You pick the worksheets with the addition fact strategies that best meet each student’s instructional needs.
Answer keys are included.
Try the jelly bean addition activity and worksheets:
- in your small guided math groups
- in your resource/ intervention groups
- as part of your math rotations
- as an independent math center/ station
- for morning work
- for homework
You’ll love being able to pick and choose exactly what each student needs to develop fluency with the addition facts to 20.
These addition fact strategy sorting activities are perfect for:
- National Jelly Bean Day (April 22nd)
Find more jelly bean-themed resources to help you celebrate!
Here’s what you’ll receive to give your students the practice they need with applying addition fact strategies:
- Teacher information
- Color addition fact strategy jars with a background
- Color addition fact strategy jars without a background
- Color jelly bean addition fact equations to 20
- Black/ white addition fact strategy jars with a background
- Black/ white addition fact strategy jars without a background
- Black/ white jelly bean addition fact equations to 20
- Recording sheets (2 with different lines; front/ back)
- Cut and glue by addition fact strategy worksheets
- Color by addition fact strategy worksheets
- Answer keys
Check Out More Resources
Don’t Lose Out
Be sure to follow my store! You’ll receive email updates about new resources and discounts. New resources are often 50% off for the first 48 hours!
Don’t forget to provide constructive feedback. You’ll help me continue to create quality instructional resources that are useful for your classroom.
Better yet, TpT will give you feedback credits that you can use to lower the cost of your future purchases.
Just go to your My Purchases page. Beside each purchase, you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment about the resource.