Target 100 is an Addition card game designed to help students practice estimation and 2 digit by 2 digit mental addition strategies. Included in the download are 5 sets of playing cards (which can be used in any Math card game) the game rules and teaching notes for before, during and after the game.
The 5 Decks of Cards
are included to increase the scope of the skills taught, provide options for differentiation and allow the buyer to play many other math card games with this set of cards :-) #greatvalue
Deck 1 - Numbers 1 - 20
Deck 2 - Numbers as Words 1 - 20
Deck 3 - Ten Frames 1 - 20
Deck 4 - Tallies 1 - 20
Deck 5 - Subified Numbers 1 - 20
What you Need
1 set of cards (1 to 10 in which ever form you like) for each player
3 or 4 players
Paper for recording sheets
A way of timing one minute e.g. stopwatch, timer app, egg timer etc
How to Play
1. Dealer shuffles all the cards as a single deck, gives 6 cards to each player face down and starts the timer.
2. Players quickly turn their cards over and choose 4 cards with the aim of making 2 two digit numbers that when added produce a total as close to 100 as they can get.
3. Each player lays their numbers on the playing surface for all to see.
4. The player who has the total closest to 100 wins a point for the round. In the event of a tie each player receives a point.
5. Players record their algorithm at the end of each round.
6. Dealer reshuffles and deals the cards each round.
How to Win
Get closer to the target number than your opponents.
Check Out My MEGA BUNDLE
It includes ALL
the great games in my store PLUS
every resource I make for the next YEAR
It is a book that just keeps on giving.
Take me to the Mother Load :-)
PS A HUGE thank you goes to the very talented artist Ron Leishman for the puppies in this game :-)