Students will have fun adding adorable pictures, completing story problems, drawing objects to represent equations, coloring pictures by addition facts and much more! With the exception of the two “Around the Room” activities, all printables require NO PREP! They are Common Core aligned and can be used for independent work, morning work, homework and math centers!
This packet is also included in my Addition and Subtraction BUNDLE
Kindergarten Math MEGA-BUNDLE!
Check it out and SAVE!!
The skills included in this addition packet are:
• Add with Pictures
• Add Numbers
• Draw Objects to Represent an Equation
• Solve Story Problems
• Identify Partner Numbers
• Add Numbers Using Tens and Ones
• Count On
• Determine the Missing Number in an Equation
The activities included are:
• Teddy Bears! – Add the teddy bears to solve the equation.
• Farm Animals! – Add the farm animals to solve the equation.
• Around the Room! (minimal prep) – Students hunt around the classroom for addition problems. Then they add the pictures and record the answers on their activity sheet.
• Equation Match-Up – Cut and paste equations to match the pictures.
• Treasure Hunt! – Add numbers with pictures to solve the equation.
• Outer Space! – Add numbers with pictures to solve the equation.
• Spots on the Dog! – Count the spots on the dogs to solve the addition problems.
• Baking Cookies! – Draw cookies on the cookie sheets to represent the numbers in the equation. Then solve the problem.
• Candy! – Count and add the candy in a jar.
• Pet Store! – Count and add animals in the pet store.
• Story Problems! – Students read simple math sentences, draw pictures to represent the story and then write the equation to solve the problem.
• Help the Detective Find the Clue! – Help the detective find the clue by adding numbers on steps until you reach the footprints.
• Help the Mouse Find the Cheese! - Help the mouse find the cheese by adding numbers on steps until you reach the cheese.
• Let’s add! – Add the numbers and color the circle that shows the answer.
• Help the Detectives! – Cut and paste to complete the addition problems.
• Scooping Up Ice Cream! - Add the numbers on the scoops of ice cream and glue them on the cone that shows the answer.
• Partner Numbers of Ten! – Count the objects to make ten.
• Let’s Make Ten! – Determine how many more are needed to make 10.
• Adding Bugs! – Tens and Ones – Add numbers using tens and ones to solve the equation.
• Count On Animals! – Say the number then count the objects on to solve the equation.
• Count On-Who’s Hungry? - Say the number then count the objects on to solve the equation.
• Count On Around the Room! (minimal prep) - Students hunt around the classroom for addition problems. Then they solve the equations using the count on strategy and record the answers on their activity sheet.
• What’s the Missing Number? – Determine the missing number in the equation.
• Count On – Adding Tens and Ones – Cut and Paste - Adding on to the number 10.
• Ice Cream! – Add the numbers on the ice cream cone and color the pictures in using the answers from the equations and the color key.
• Spider Web! - Add the numbers on each spider and color them in using the answers from the equations and the color key.
• Who Wants Cotton Candy? - Add the numbers on the cotton candy and color them in using the answers from the equations and the color key.
• Let’s Add! – Students practice adding numbers in horizontal equations.
• Vertical Practice! – Students practice adding numbers in vertical equations.
Other math packets you may be interested in are:
• Number of the Day (1-20)
• Count On
• Count On: Color by Number
• Superhero Color by Number: Addition, Subtraction & Counting On
• Numbers 1-10
• Numbers 11-20
• Measurement and Sorting
• All About Shapes
• Let’s Learn About Money
• Telling Time
For math and literacy practice, check out my Kindergarten Math & Literacy Ultimate Bundle!
It contains 16 of my individual math and literacy packets (including this one) at a DISCOUNTED PRICE!!
Thanks for checking out this item!
My Study Buddy
This packet includes:
48 activity pages/ 52 total pages