Our math lessons are filled with number talks, games, activities and the exploration of the relationship between numbers to help students learn and understand the addition and subtraction facts.
But in order to have enough explicit practice that they can then recall them from memory, I found that no curriculum provides enough explicit practice in written form.
This packet includes:
• Practice sheets for every single digit fact. These are separated by strategy such as +1 & +2, Doubles, Near Doubles, Combinations of 10, Make 10 and the corresponding subtraction facts.
• Some number bond/fact fluency work
• Some strategy work & daily activities.
• Letter home to parents explaining how students learn the addition and subtraction facts as well as a list of websites and apps that they can use at home.
• Use these as supplements to your current curriculum as homework, center work, morning work or as targeted support for a learner that needs help.
• Put some in sheet protectors so they can be used over again or repeatedly give some sheets to provide additional practice.
• Some of the sheets allow students to reflect on which ones they are still working on. These can be then used as a formative assessment to provide explicit practice around facts they are having trouble with.