Extend your top Maths group with this ‘set and forget’ self-directed three activity sheet bundle.
- Addition of Decimals – Australian Curriculum Year 6 – Extension Activity
- Subtraction of Decimals – Australian Curriculum Year 6 – Extension Activity
- Multiplication of Decimals – Australian Curriculum Year 6 – Extension Activity
Buy them separately for $2.25 each or buy this bundle for only $5 and save.
Students scan the QR-codes to view a You Tube clips explaining the instructions to complete the sheets as well as seeing examples of how to estimate and then complete the decimal problems.
Early finishers can easily grab these activity sheets, scan the QR-codes and complete the tasks without any need for input from you. It is like having another teacher in the classroom at your students’ beck and call.
The You Tube demonstrations also make these activities excellent for parent or teacher aide led group activities geared at specific academic levels within your class to help consolidate concepts taught within the room. Teacher aides and parent helpers can also use the answer sheet for assistance.
QR-codes are easily scanned using a QR Reader app downloaded for free onto an iPad or other such device.
Click on PREVIEW
to see exactly what you get.
• tenths + tenths
• hundredths + hundredths
• thousandths + thousandths
• mixed decimal addition
• subtraction of ones, tenths and hundredths with and without regrouping
• multiplication of ones by tenths and ones by hundredths
Number and Algebra, fractions and decimals,
• Add and subtract decimals, with and without digital technologies, and use estimation and rounding to check the reasonableness of answers (ACMNA128)
• Multiply decimals by whole numbers and perform divisions by non-zero whole numbers where the results are terminating decimals, with and without digital technologies (ACMNA129)
• Multiply and divide decimals by powers of 10 (ACMNA130)
Year 6 Mathematics, Unit 3.
COMMON CORE STANDARDS
Add, subtract, multiply, and divide decimals to hundredths, using concrete models or drawings and strategies based on place value, properties of operations, and/or the relationship between addition and subtraction; relate the strategy to a written method and explain the reasoning used.
Check out other excellent QR-code resources here by following this link: link text
This activity sheet is illustrated by the excellent comic styling of Ron Leishman.
Please remember to FOLLOW ME
so that you can be informed immediately new items are posted.
Thanks for your support,
Tim Donnelly ~ Tim Donnelly’s Teacher’s Drawer