Here’s a set of 24 math task cards that will strengthen your kindergarten and first grade students’ skills in adding and subtracting, one through ten.
Choosing from four numbers, your students will determine the Ms.Cactus' prickly number by adding and subtracting to eliminate three of the options. With each riddle task card they do, your students will complete three addition or subtraction number models. They'll have a great time and won’t even realize that they’ve completed 72 problems in all!
Because the cute cactus graphics aren't seasonal, you'll find yourself using this set at any time during the school year!
A student recording page, answer key, and themed number lines are also included.
Here are some ways that you might use the task cards in your classroom:
* Use in a math center for individual or partner work
* Use with your document camera for whole class review or to focus attention at the beginning of a math lesson
* Use as a skills review rotation (aka "Scoot"), individually or with partners, with students moving to stations around the classroom to solve the clues
* Use for morning “bell ringers”
* Use as challenge work or for early finishers
* Use as an activity with classroom volunteers – they can complete as few or as many as time allows!
* Print in black and white to use in interactive notebooks. Give one puzzle to each student and have them write about their thinking in solving the riddle.
Linda Nelson grants permission to the original downloader to reproduce material for his or her own classroom use only. No other part of this work may be reproduced in whole or in part by electronic or mechanical means including information storage and retrieval systems without permission in writing from the author.
Thanks for your interest in this resource! You’ll also like …
Mr. Skunk's Stinky Number Subtraction Task Cards
Monkey Madness Missing Addend Task Cards
Fall Addition and Subtraction Task Cards
CLICK HERE to return to my store page!
Be the first to know about my newest resources:
• Look for the star
near the top of any page within my store and
click it to become a follower
. You’ll get an email update whenever I post a new resource. You’ll also find an occasional “Followers Exclusive” freebie in your TpT inbox, just to say thanks!☺
Follow me on Pinterest
Primary Inspiration Blog
Primary Inspiration Teaching Resources on Facebook