Addition & Subtraction Within 20 Strategies Math Small Group Activities Lessons
Also included in
- Set your year up for success with this full-year 1st grade math curriculum! These ready to use math resources come with 14 units that provide differentiated small group math instruction for 1st graders. Having engaging and fun 1st grade math centers will allow your students to learn and thrive in yPrice $92.40Original Price $130.75Save $38.35
Need teaching strategies for addition and subtraction within 20? These math games, activities, printables and lesson plans are differentiated to teach your students exactly what they need to know in order to master basic facts in no time! These low-prep addition and subtraction strategy lessons come with differentiated lesson plans for below, on and above level students.
Use these addition and subtraction strategies at the beginning of the year and then spiral review them in all other lessons throughout the year to continue to develop mastery! Included are 15 math small group activities and lessons to teach basic addition and subtraction strategies.
Included in this addition and subtraction within 20 math small group activities pack:
- 15 lesson plans
- Differentiated two-sided work mats
- Differentiated equation cards
- Differentiated independent practice pages
- Games with each lesson
- Questions to ask during lessons
- Challenges at the end of each lesson
- Addition within 20 strategies poster in two different color themes
- Subtraction within 20 strategies poster in two different color themes
- Differentiated word problems to use in each lesson
- Clickable Table of Contents
❤️You will LOVE these subtraction and addition within 20 guided lessons because they are differentiated to suit the needs of all the learners in your classroom. There are differentiated work mats, equation cards, independent practice pages and more for 3 levels of groups.
Additionally, these addition and subtraction strategy lessons are ink friendly and very low prep. Almost every page in these lessons can be printed on color paper or even just plain white paper to save on ink (even the games)!
You can use these addition and subtraction within 20 lessons to teach small groups. You can model the addition and subtraction strategies and then give your students the opportunity to practice on their own. Plus, there are challenge extensions to take the above level groups even farther.
These were designed for 1st grade but can easily be used in kindergarten or 2nd grade as well.
Addition and Subtraction Strategies Included
❤️Counting on to add
❤️Adding with number bonds
❤️Adding with number lines or number paths
❤️Doubles plus 1
❤️Using a ten frame/making a ten
❤️Addition word problems
❤️Counting back to subtract
❤️Subtracting with number bonds
❤️Subtracting with number lines or number paths
❤️Counting up to subtract
❤️Subtract using doubles
❤️Subtraction word problems
✅Check out the preview for a closer look at what is included with these subtraction and addition within 20 math small group activities!
✅Need year-long math plans? Check out: Year Long Guided Math Bundle
✅Want to test before you buy? Check out: Try a free lesson from unit 1 here.
You may also like:
- Unit 1: Addition and Subtraction Strategies (1.OA.A.1, 1.OA.C.5, 1.OA. A. 6)
- Unit 2: The Equal Sign & Balancing Equations (1.OA.B.3, 1.OA.C.5, 1.OA.D.7, 1.OA.D.8)
- Unit 3 Missing Addends & Related Facts (1.OA.B.4, 1.OA.C.5, 1.OA.C.6)
- Unit 4 Measurement/Ordering and Comparing Lengths (1.MD.A.1, 1.MD.A.2)
- Unit 5 Word Problems(1.OA.A.1, 1.OA.C.5, 1.OA.C.6, 1.OA.D.8)
- Unit 6 Adding 3 Numbers (1.OA.A.2, 1.OA.B.3, 1.OA.C.6)
- Unit 7 Telling and Writing Time to the Hour and Half Hour (1.MD.B.3)
- Unit 8 - Graphing (1.OA.A.1, 1.OA.C.6, 1.MD.C.4)
- Unit 9 Using Place Value to Read, Write, Represent, and Compare Numbers (1.NBT.B.2., 1.NBT.B.3)
- Unit 10 Adding Multiples of Ten (1.NBT.A.1, 1.NBT.C.4)
- Unit 11 Using Place Value to Add and Subtract Within 100 (1.NBT.C.4, 1.NBT.C.5, 1.NBT.C.6)
- Unit 12 Counting Coins
- Shapes and their Attributes (1.G.A.1, 1.G.A.2)
- Fractions/Partitioning Shapes (1.G.A.3)
Want FREE Resources?
- FREE Differentiated Math Word Problem Activity
- FREE Retelling Lesson Plan
- FREE Interactive Read Aloud 5 Day Lesson Plan
- FREE Main Idea Printables
Connect with me: