This set of race car-theme games build mathematical thinking, computation strategies, and fluency with addition and subtraction facts within 20. Included are five games and four sorting tasks (see below). Each activity uses one or more decks of "Racers"—race car themed game cards (one deck each for sums to 10, sums to 20, differences within 10, and differences within 20). Because of this, every activity offers multiple levels of play--perfect for differentiation! You'll also find 40 printable practice/assessment pages, and recording sheets for all sorting tasks. Speedway Math offers an amazing array of differentiated activities and practice for small group work, centers, or as free choice activities!
• 2 racetrack game boards (for the Speedway Math game; a "training track" includes a built-in 1-to-10 number line for children working on facts within 10)
• 66 Red Racer cards (addition facts to 10)
• 66 Green Racer cards (subtraction facts within 10)
• 55 Pink Racer cards (addition facts to 20)
• 55 Blue Racer cards (subtraction facts within 20)
• 12 Specialty cards (for the Speedway Math and Road Race games)
• 2 Playing Card Mats (Speedway Math and Find Four Facts games)
• Starting Line and Finish Cards (for the Road Race game)
• 2 Spinners (for the I Spy and I Spy More! games)
• 13 Strategy Sort task cards
• 14 Match Ups task cards
• 21 How Many Ways? task cards
• 4 Fact Family task cards
• 40 practice pages
• Complete directions
(all practice facts in different ways, for 2 – 4 players each):
• Speedway Math (board game)
• Road Race (boardless game)
• Find Four Facts (card game)
• I Spy (card game with spinner)
• I Spy More! (card game with spinner)
Sorting Tasks (for whole group, small group, or centers):
All Speedway Math sorting tasks provide students with multiple opportunities to develop their understanding of addition, subtraction, and strategies for addition and subtraction within 20; understand connections between counting and addition and subtraction; and build understanding of the relationships between addition and subtraction. Sorting tasks are much more than another way to practice facts, although there is plenty of opportunity for this as well!
The four sorts are:
• Strategy Sorts (sorting facts by computational strategies)
• Match Ups (sorting facts which “match up” in various ways)
• How Many Ways? (sorting facts by sums and differences)
• I Can Make a Fact Family (sorting facts into fact families)
Speedway Math includes 40 printable practice pages correlated to the Racer cards, perfect for independent practice, homework, or assessment.
My students LOVE the Speedway Math games and activities, and I love seeing the growth in their understanding of number relationships and fluency with facts!
Here are some other math games and activities you might like:
• FALL: Add! Subtract! Color! Printables for Addition & Subtraction Within 10
• Bump Games for Addition & Subtraction - Pirate Theme (Freebie in the Preview)
• WHAT’S MY NUMBER? Place Value Puzzles – Task Cards
• Addition & Subtraction Fluency Games & Printables
• ADD! SUBTRACT! COLOR! 20 Printables for Addition & Subtraction Within 10
• ADD! SUBTRACT! COLOR! Valentine Printables for Addition & Subtraction Within 10
• SPRING! Add! Subtract! Color! Printables for Addition & Subtraction Within 20
• BUDDY TILES FOR BEGINNERS Workmats for Addition and Subtraction
• BUMP CITY! Addition Practice to 9 + 9
• BUMPVILLE Addition and Subtraction Strategies and Fluency Practice Within 10
• SPEEDWAY MATH Addition and Subtraction Mega-Pack
• FIDO & FRIENDS: Differentiated Addition Practice to 9 + 9
• RAWR! Dinosaur-Themed Differentiated Addition Facts to 9 + 9
• HOLLY JOLLY MATH GAMES - 10 Easy Prep Addition Games
• Save money by building a custom bundle! It's like having your own private sale! Find more information HERE.
Don’t forget to leave feedback for your TpT purchases! You earn credits to use for any future TpT purchases, and your feedback is very helpful to me as well. I love reading it!
If you like my work, follow my store to be notified when new resources are listed in my store. It pays to be a follower--new resources are 50% off for the first 24 hours!
Thank you for looking! Please contact me if you have any questions.