Use the magic of Microsoft Excel to generate countless examples to demonstrate concepts, stimulate discussion, and build student confidence and competence.
All you have to do:
1. Open the downloaded Excel file.
2. Click on one of eleven available lesson tabs.
3. Press the appropriate key(s) to generate an example (F9 for PC; Command + Equal for Macs).
4. Demonstrate, discuss, review, and learn.
5. Then with a simple key press, generate another example.
This file consists of two types of activities:
“Discussion” activities generate examples to demonstrate a concept and build student confidence and understanding.
“Practice” activities generate examples for student input (whole group or individually).
Topics covered include:
* Ways to Make – Shows addition fact families with each addend represented as an image.
* Addition Graph – Illustrates addition fact families as a stacked graph.
* Addition – Shows the addends ‘switched’ to demonstrate the Commutative Property of Addition.
* Subtraction Cubes – Illustrates finding the difference by X-ing out cubes.
* Subtraction – Shows the subtracted value ‘switched’.
* Add and Subtract – Shows the fact families for three values.
* Number Generator – Generates three random numbers for students to combine into related addition and subtraction statements.