This Addition and Subtraction Kindergarten Unit
, includes a variety of worksheets, activities and resources to help teach kindergarten-level addition and subtraction, number composition and decomposition, and word problems for numbers 0-10.
Use these activities for math centers, busy bags, morning work, early finishers, and family engagement activities!
The Following Addition & Subtraction Products Are Included In This Pack:
Addition and Subtraction Worksheets
for practice writing numbers and solving addition and subtraction equations:
• Show the Equation
- Draw objects on both sides of the line to represent each equation.
• Complete the Equation
- Fill in the missing numbers to complete each equation.
• Draw & Add
- Draw a picture to represent each number in the equation. Add together & write the sum.
• Adding Two Groups
- Add the two groups of objects together and write the sum on the line.
• Making Five
- Write the number in the box to complete each equation. Color the rectangles to record each decomposition.
• Adding On
- Count on to add the objects to the first number, then show your answer in the box to complete the equation.
• Addition Practice
- Add the numbers and write the sum to complete the equation.
• Write the Missing Numbers
- Write the missing numbers to complete each addition equation.
• Making Ten
- Count the objects in each 10-frame. Write how many more to make ten to complete each equation.
• Subtracting from Ten
- Subtract from each ten frame and write the numbers for each equation.
• Take It from Ten
- Fill in each ten frame and equation to show six different ways to subtract from ten.
• Subtraction Practice
- Write the answer on the line to solve each equation. Show your work in the box.
• Add or Subtract?
- For each equation, circle the plus or minus sign.
• Addition & Subtraction Practice
- Add or subtract to solve each equation.
• Answer Keys
Composing and Decomposing Numbers Worksheets
, designed to give students practice composing and decomposing numbers in order to develop a better understanding of number relationships. Students solve & create number bonds
, draw pictures
and write equations to represent each number family.
Directions for use are included on each page:
• Number Bonds Cut & Paste
- Cut out the numbers at the bottom and glue them in place to complete the number bonds.
• Write the Missing Numbers
- Write the missing numbers to complete the number bonds.
• Decomposing Numbers 2-10
- Show one way to decompose each number, then complete the activities on each page.
• Number Bonds, Two Ways
- Decompose each number two different ways. Draw a picture and fill in the equations for each number family.
• Decomposing Numbers, Four Ways
- Decompose each number four different ways. Draw a picture and fill in the equations for each number family.
• Decomposition Sort
- Cut out the equations at the bottom & solve. Sort each equation under the matching number.
• Domino Decomposition
- Cut out the dominos at the bottom, Add the dots on either side of each domino and sort under the matching number.
• Number Decomposition Templates
- Students fill in the number bonds, then create drawings and equations for each number family.
• Answer Keys
Addition and Subtraction Word Problems Worksheets
for practice solving word problems and drawing pictures to represent math problems:
• Addition And Subtraction Word Problems
- Read each word problem and write the answer below. Answer keys included.
• Paste & Solve
- Each student pastes a different word problem card in the template on their worksheet. Students then fill in the number bond, draw a picture and write an equation to represent the word problem.
• Word Problem Templates
- Students write their own word problem, then create a picture and equation to represent the problem.
Addition & Subtraction Dice Games & Math Centers:
• Roll & Add, Roll, Write & Add, and Roll & Add On
• Roll & Subtract, Roll, Write & Subtract, and Roll & Subtract from Ten
for numbers 0-10 and 2-12
• Printable Dice
for numbers 0-5 and 1-6
Child-Sized Addition and Subtraction Flash Cards
for numbers 0-10 and sums 0-20.
Click on the preview to see the pages included in this bundle!
130 pages + cover & credits page = 132 pages total.
• Counting & Cardinality Worksheets Bundle
• 2D Shape Worksheets Bundle
• Count & Color, Numbers 0-20 Coloring Pages
>>CLICK HERE to Follow Me and be the First to Hear About My Newest Products and Sales!
Thanks so much for stopping by!