Addition and Subtraction Math Project
- Google Apps™
What educators are saying
Also included in
- These real-world math projects have changed my math instruction and increased my students' critical thinking skills! This bundle of math projects includes thirteen discounted concept-based, differentiated, best-selling math projects. 13 *Highly Rated,* concept-based projects are included.WonderingPrice $39.99Original Price $51.87Save $11.88
- Take engagement and rigor to the next level with these high-interest math projects for upper elementary. I have designed my math projects to be highly engaging, student-driven, real-world, and enriching. You’ll have a project for every occasion all year long! This bundle of THIRTY digital and printaPrice $89.99Original Price $126.20Save $36.21
Engage your students with 9 pages of no prep addition and subtraction math activities! Your students will have a blast with this zoo-themed math project, reviewing multi-digit addition and subtraction.
This project is perfect for review and enrichment! It involves students in real-world application of addition and subtraction concepts and requires students to think critically about which operation to use.
What's Included in this Addition and Subtraction Math Project Resource?
- A printable 9-page addition and subtraction 'zoo-themed' math project (standard and metric versions)
- A (created in 2021) - this version is horizontal and has been optimized for digital use. You can preview this version in its entirety in the video preview on this listing. (Also available in standard and metric versions)
- An editable PowerPoint to make Zookeeper nametags for your students. Great for mini classroom transformations!
- An answer key! (This can be found in the second half of each printable version. Some open-ended questions are dependent upon student choice.)
Do you need a METRIC version? I've got you covered! This project now includes a printable and digital METRIC version with your download!
What do teachers think about this Zoo-themed addition and subtraction project?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ "My students enjoyed applying the skills learnt of addition and subtraction mental and written strategies to a real life scenarios. It suited the adaptations unit we were studying at the time. Thank you very much :)" - S.K.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ "This was one of my students' favorite math projects. They like the real life use of math and are excited to work on to do math. It was a great review of addition and subtraction of larger numbers." - Cheryl B.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ "Teaching split grades is really tricky sometimes, but I absolutely love doing this project with both of the grades at the beginning of the year! It is a challenge for my younger students and a great review/practice for my older kids. I also love that it is a real-world situation. So fun!" - Loren V.
More Math Projects!
Breaking Up the Bakery: Fraction Project
Movie Marathon: A Long Division Project
Resort Report: A Multi-Digit Multiplication Project
Multiplying and Dividing Decimals Project