Double Digit Addition and Subtraction with QR Codes!
Thanks for checking out this product! Double-digit addition and subtraction are huge challenges for my students every year. I’m always looking for different ways to hold my students’ interest as they practice, practice, practice! Adding in the technology aspect with QR codes really increases my students’ motivation.
Here’s how I use this activity in my classroom:
1. Cut out and laminate the QR code cards for durability.
2. Post the cards around the room.
3. Students, working independently or in pairs, find the card that says “Start”. When they scan the code, a double-digit addition or subtraction comes up. Students record and solve the problem.
4. Students then look for the card that displays that answer, and then scan the code on that card.
5. Solving each problem correctly leads the students to the next code.
6. The final QR code shows a picture of a pot of gold with the instruction to see the teacher for a reward. In my class, each student receives a gold chocolate coin.
This product includes 20 cards with QR codes, a student answer sheet, and an answer key.
A Bird's Eye View Too
This activity addresses VA SOL 2.6, as well as Common Core 2.NBT.B.5.