ADDITION AND SUBTRACTION OF WHOLE NUMBERS...WITH A "TWIST"!
The "twist" to this worksheet is that the students must SUBSTITUTE numbers for letters in small equations before solving the examples.
This will take them time to do, but will make sure they "know their stuff" with respect to adding and subtracting whole numbers.
There are 15 examples to solve in all - answers included of course. Decorated for fun. By David Filipek
See the thumbnails or the Download Preview for a clearer idea.
* ALSO AVAILABLE FOR YOU OR A COLLEAGUE! - CLICK ANY LINK YOU WANT:
- MULTIPLICATION FACTS ABOUND!
- 15 worksheets all on multiplication facts. A LOT of great work here to test and reinforce their times tables – includes 3 pages of word problems. This link describes all 15 pages in detail.
- DIVISION FACTS MATCHUPS!
90 division facts in all!! You receive 3 FULL worksheets of 18 examples. Each example starts with one fact and 4 more after it. Students must circle the fact OR facts that match the first one. There can be MORE than one match so students must solve EVERY fact – 90 in all. Great activity reinforcing their division facts!
- HOMOPHONES THEY’RE, THEIR, THERE
- Great practice with these 3 homophones. Students must fill in blanks with the correct spellings using context clues. “There / their / they’re” is a lot of good work here.
* * * GREAT TEACHING TO YOU!