Addition and Subtraction to 20 Guided Master Math Unit 7
Also included in
- This bundle contains my second five units of Master Math Curriculum for First Grade. The units included are Unit 6 Comparing Numbers, Unit 7 Addition and Subtraction to 20, Unit 8 Applying Properties, Unit 9 Telling Time, & Unit 10 Mental Math Strategies Everything you would need to teach Math iPrice $70.00Original Price $84.00Save $14.00
- This bundle consists of 15 units that I use for my first grade guided math curriculum. It is built around the belief that students need to be exposed to math in a variety of ways. Master Math can be taught in many ways but I will provide the tools to make it a rotation based learning process. EachPrice $200.00Original Price $253.00Save $53.00
This unit is the seventh unit of a first grade MASTER math curriculum built around the belief that students need to be exposed to math in a variety of ways. It focuses on adding and subtracting numbers up to 20. Students will work with number bonds and number lines to begin practicing. They will also complete basic computation before moving into solving addition and subtraction number stories. Finally, they will work on writing addition and subtraction number stories. There are enrichment opportunities to build their number sense and work on number bond trees, and more difficult problems. Master Math can be taught in many ways but I will provide the tools to make it a rotation based learning process. Each lesson begins with a whole group mini lesson provided in a SMART notebook version or a pdf file. Then students begin to rotate (much like centers). MASTER stands for Manipulatives, Apply Skills, Small Group, Technology, Enrichment, and Review. There are activities provided for each component listed, lesson plans, assessments, SMART notebook files, and a fun culminating craft. Included you will receive:
- Build with a Number bond
- Addition and Subtraction to 20 with a number line
- Addition and Subtraction to 20 Sort
- Domino fact families
- Addition and Subtraction Scoot
- Fact Family Sort
- Build an Addition Number Story
- Build a Subtraction Number Story
- Domino War
- Roll and Add 10 Board Game
- Spin and Subtract Bingo
- Spin and Add to Make 20
- Spin and Subtract Bingo with a Number Line
- Roll a number Bond to 20
- Spin and Subtract from 20
- Spin, Add, & Compare to 20
- Adding and Subtracting to 20 with Number Bonds & Pictures
- Adding and Subtracting to 20 with Number Bonds & Number Sentences
- Mixed Number Bonds and Fact Families
- Using a Number Line to Add & Subtract
- Mixed Addition with a Number Line
- Vertical Addition and Subtraction to 20
- Mixed + -
- Addition & Subtraction number stories
- Writing + - Number stories
Technology 6 activities in Boom Learning and Google Slides
- Adding to 20 using Number Bonds
- Subtracting to 20 using Number Bonds
- Adding to 20 using a Number Line
- Subtracting to 20 using a Number Line
- Adding to 20 using Ten Frames
- Subtracting to 20 using Ten Frames
- Adding Doubles and Doubles Plus One with Ten Frames
- Counting Up
- Counting Back
- Addition Number Bonds
- Number Bonds and Fact Families (2)
- 3 Way Number Bonds (3)
- Expanding Number Bonds (2)
- 1 More or 1 Less
- Number Grid
- Number Stories
- Addition Challenge
- Subtraction Challenge
- Number bonds
- Addition to 20
- Subtraction to 20
- Counting by 10’s
- Expanded Form
- One more, one less
- Draw in Base-10
- What is the shape?
- What is the value of a number?
- Counting Dimes
- What is the number?
- <,>, & =
Dog and Cat Craft
2 mini crafts cumulative project to review adding and subtracting
Class progress sheet
Individual progress sheet
11 lessons completed for you
5 templates to create your own
SMART Notebook warm up lessons whole group
10 different lessons
10 pdf’s in case you don’t have SMART Notebook
Description, I Can Statements, Standards, Binder Cover and Layout
Rotation Templates in SMART Notebook or PDF version
**IMPORTANT NOTES FOR THE TECHNOLOGY PIECES**
Some of this resource is in Google Slides format. You will NEED TO HAVE ACCESS to GOOGLE SLIDES to use this resource. It is also helpful to have GOOGLE CLASSROOM but not necessary. It will help you easily send the activities to your students.
Please note: I am not affiliated or associated with Google, nor do they endorse this resource.
Important: To redeem your Boom Cards, you will create an account for Boom Learning. The account you get with your purchase allows you to play the Boom Cards on interactive whiteboards and with individual students using Fast Play. Fast Play does not save student progress reports.
To use Boom Cards, you must be connected to the Internet. Boom Cards play on modern browsers (Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and Edge). Apps are available for Android, iPads, iPhones, and Kindle Fires. For security and privacy, adults must have a Boom Learning account to use and assign Boom Cards. You will be able to assign the Boom Cards you are buying with "Fast Pins," (play provides instant feedback for self-grading Boom Cards). Fast Play is always a free way for students to engage with Boom Cards decks. For additional assignment options you'll need a premium account. If you are new to Boom Learning, you will be offered a free trial of our premium account. Read here for details: http://bit.ly/BoomTrial.
***To try them out below with this preview link!****
Make sure to Follow Me so you know when I post new products. All products are 20% off the 1st 24 hours. You don't want to miss out!
If you would like to join me live to discuss these ideas and more in my classroom, please join my private group.
Some other fun ways to connect....