PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
1+1 = 2
2+1 = 3
3+1 = 4
4+4 = 8
8-6 = 2
1-1 = 0
- Finger play for toddlers and kindergarten
- Play this as a game with 8 kindergarten children. Each child represents a number. Added numbers (children) gather on the right, substracted numbers (children) gather on the left.
- Color it in Photoshop and print this as a poster
- Use it as coloring pages for children
- Use it as learning material for preschool maths
- School children may write a story under the drawings
Based on a German song by Stephen Janetzko, called "Eine Eins ging mal spazieren".
A "one" went on a walk. She didn't want to be alone, so she invited another "one" to play. And they were two. They wanted to have children, so they became three, then four. The family became even bigger: it now consisted of four people (father, mother, daughter, son) and four pets (a dog, a cat, a mouse and a hamster). When the children grew up, they left the family house, so they were six. Also the animals left, so they were two again. The "two" died and the "one" was again alone - until her time arrived too, so there was "zero" left.