Adding Fractions: A Comprehensive Set of 4th through 7th Grade Common Core Learning Games and Critical Thinking Activities
This 65-page PDF download includes:
• 26 different active learning games specifically designed to support the learning of all the Common Core Standards related to adding fractions in grades 4 through 7th.
• Comprehensive mathematical thinking development
• Instructions, variations to scaffold and differentiate instruction
• All the Instructional cards for teaching and practicing translating between various representations of fractions.
• Instructions on learning activities, assessments, sponge activities, and learning centers based on the games, cards, and the standards
• Rules constructed on schema of known games
• Intelligently considerate of children’s learning preferences.
Concepts and Skills: representing fractions as part of a unit, representing fractions in pictures, representing fractions in standard form, modeling fractions with concrete materials, ordering fractions, comparing fractions, adding fractions, subtracting fractions.
Note: The heart of each of the fraction resources available is the way we created each individual card deck. All the decks in the fraction series use the same games, rules and templates. This deck focuses on addition of fractions.