This worksheet is FREE in the hopes that you'll check out some of my other products.
* ADDING LIKE DENOMINATORS WITH A "TWIST"!!
The "twist" in this worksheet is that all the examples on here are written out IN WORDS, not numbers, to make this a little more challenging.
Students must first READ the fractions correctly, then they must WRITE them correctly and then finally SOLVE them correctly (hopefully!) A little extra "twist" to their work!
This will take them some time to do, but will make sure they "know their stuff" when it comes to adding fractions with like denominators.
Please see the thumbnail for a clearer idea.
Answers included of course. By David Filipek
* SOME OF MY OTHER PRODUCTS - CLICK ANY LINK YOU WANT:
- FRACTIONS REVIEW AND REINFORCEMENT
- 10 FULL worksheets on various aspects of fractions to be used as great review or part of your unit. A LOT of good work here for your students. This link will describe all 10 pages in detail.
- POWERPOINT "FRACTIONS ARE FUN"
- Designed as a whole-class lesson getting students actively involved in the answers. Great activity with great graphics. NOT for the beginner!
- FACTORS OR NOT
Two full worksheets. Each box on these worksheets has 12 numbers INSIDE them and one number OUTSIDE the box. Your students must circle all the numbers inside the box that are factors of the numbers outside the box. Let’s see if they know their factors!
- MULTIPLICATION FACTS ABOUND!
- 15 worksheets all on multiplication facts. A LOT of great work here to test and reinforce their times tables. Includes 3 pages of word problems.
- HOMOPHONES POWERPOINT LESSON
- Lessons on “its, it’s, your, you’re, they’re, their and there”. 48 questions in all on these common homophones on 46 slides. Designed as a whole-class lesson getting students actively involved in the answers. HOMOPHONES!
* * * GREAT TEACHING TO YOU!