Also included in
- This Addition to 10 print & digital unit has everything you need to teach your math intervention small groups how to understand addition and the addition sign. Whether you are sitting at the same table together or instructing through a computer screen you will have everything you need to help yo$12.00$16.00Save $4.00
- This first grade math intervention curriculum supports you in delivering quality math intervention to your first grade small groups. This collection of units makes planning effective instruction incredibly easy. EVERYTHING you need to instruct, assess, and provide independent practice to your studen$135.00$224.00Save $89.00
- 1st grade students will flourish when you implement the 5 Day Focus small group math intervention units! This resource is ideal for a small group of students at the tier 2 or tier 3 level. As a teacher you will love the thorough, comprehensive and effective nature of this full-year set of units. Nee$98.00$122.50Save $24.50
- This set of 1st, 2nd and 3rd grade math intervention units supports you in delivering high-quality math intervention instruction to your small math intervention groups without having to devote your evenings and weekends to recreating the wheel yourself.This unit includes print and digital versions f$325.00$568.00Save $243.00
- This set of 1st, 2nd and 3rd grade math intervention units supports you in delivering high-quality math intervention instruction to your small math intervention groups without having to devote your evenings and weekends to recreating the wheel yourself.This bundle includes:1st Grade Small Group Math$245.00$375.50Save $130.50
This Addition to 10 unit has everything you need to teach your math intervention small groups how to understand addition and the addition sign. As your small groups work through this 5 Day Focus math intervention plan they will gain understanding of the addition sign and concrete strategies for addition of numbers to 10.
Click HERE to save 20% on the full year intervention lesson bundle. This comprehensive bundle includes all of your intervention instruction, assessment and independent practice for the entire school year!
Need the flexibility to teach digitally or face-to-face? This unit can also be purchased as a DIGITAL & PRINTABLE resource so that you can seamlessly switch between in-person and online teaching.
I have designed this 5 day program centered around small group instruction, however, the activities and independent centers can be used long after initial implementation. The skill is not expected to be mastered within the 5 day period, however, your students will be well equipped to continue study through independent practice.
Included you will find:
✎ Overview and Organization
The 5 Day Focus resources are designed to be informative and easy to use. I have included an overview of the related standards, an outline organizing the breakdown of how the topic is taught, a table of contents and a page outlining any and all materials that will be needed. I want you to be able to spend your time and energy on looking at your students results and reflecting on their learning- NOT on organizing materials and trying to figure out how to use this resource!
Pre and Post Assessment Materials that mirror one another will allow you to see where your students began and how far they have progressed. I have also included daily exit tickets and a tracking form so that you can easily monitor each of your students.
✎ Direct Instruction
Instructional lesson activities to use with small groups or individual students. Each of these lessons is detailed and includes hands-on activities. There is gradual release across the 5 days beginning with more concrete models and moving away towards representative and, finally, abstract models. This research based progression will surely help your students to progress.
✎ Independent Centers
Each of the 5 lessons also includes an independent practice activity. The independent activities have been created in the style of math centers so that they can be used directly after the instructional lesson but so they can also be used and re-used as students practice their skills.
I am confident that this resource will improve your first grader's ability to understand addition. This teaching sequence has worked wonders for my own students and I am happy to be able to present this resource to you!