Students will enjoy being math “detectives” as they practice addition facts to 10. Using the provided mystery cards, students will add the numbers and follow the code to find the mystery word. Once they have figured out the mystery word, the last step is to find the matching mystery picture. There is also a hidden literacy aspect to this center, because students must read the mystery word!
What You Get In This Download:
- Directions Page
- Follow the Code Page
- 24 different mystery math cards. Each card has 3 addition facts.
- 24 mystery picture cards for matching to the mystery math cards.
1. Print each page on cardstock (if available).
2. Cut out each mystery math card and each mystery picture card.
3. Laminate for durability. The lamination will also allow for students to use dry erase markers and wipe off.
4. This activity is great for use in centers, small group, whole class, or even one on one.
5. Students will write (or use magnetic numbers) the answer to each math problem directly underneath it on their mystery card. Then they will use the code to match their answer to a letter. (They must match the number and color). They will then write (or use magnetic letters) each letter. They will read the mystery word, and find the matching mystery picture!
★ Follow FH on Facebook
★ Watch FH videos on YouTube
★ Visit the FH Blog