I have made this pack In Black and White for ease of printing. I copied off each center onto different brightly colored cardstock.
In this pack, there are eight games, centers, or independent activities to reinforce addition with regrouping. Each center has a recording sheet, which can also be used as “informal assessment.” I have also included posters for you to use to teach whole group or to put at the centers for the students to be able to refer to while working at that center.
1. Roll 'N Add - using dice
2. Spin 'N Add
3. Read the Room - finding the math problems to write out and answer
4. Addition Sleuth” decide if they need to regroup or not and sort them. There are two different activities that can be used for students to complete as independent work.
5. True or False - sort the subtraction sentences under the header cards and correct the false problems on the recording sheet. For the independent work, the students will make a foldable book and sort the math problems.
6. Flip It! - Use a deck of cards
7. Sort It - Retgroup or Not Regroup
8. Adding with Base Tens
These are in the same format as my Addition Strategies
, Adding Tens
Pack , and Subtraction with Regrouping
Please download the preview to get a better idea of the product.