Addition with Regrouping: A Comprehensive Set of Common Core Learning Games and Critical Thinking Activities
This 60-page PDF download includes:
• 25 different active learning games specifically designed to support the learning of all the Common Core Standards related to Adding with Regrouping.
• Comprehensive mathematical thinking development
• A detailed listing of all the 2nd and 3rd grade Common Core standards targeted by the games and instructional activities.
• Instructions, variations to scaffold and differentiate instruction
• All the Instructional cards for teaching and practicing translating between pictorial, expanded notation, standard notation, and other representations.
• Instructions on learning activities, assessments, sponge activities, and learning centers based on the games, cards, and the standards
• Rules constructed on schema of known games
• Intelligently considerate of children’s learning preferences.
Created by the winner of the National Mathematics Leadership Award, this resource is a carefully designed collection of instructional games and much more. It is grounded on the best research for helping students learn how to translate between pictorial, concrete, standard, expanded and other key representations for adding numbers with regrouping.
Concepts and Skills: Place value, expanded notation, adding 2-digits with regrouping, solving word problems involving addition, missing addend problems, addition equations, comparing, ordering.
Ask about our on site teacher training at email@example.com