This INTERACTIVE Smartboard activity has FOUR ways for your students to practice solving addition word problems. These slides would be great to introduce and practice addition word stories. Students can also complete the activities at centers because all of the slides are self-checking.
***BONUS*** All slides are leveled to meet the different needs of students.
- Students will have the chance to practice adding numbers within 20 to solve word problems.
- Students will add to and put numbers together.
- Students will use a number line to solve addition word problems.
- Students will find missing addends.
- Students will be able to create their own word problems.
Common Core Standard Alignment
1st Grade Common Core Standard: Use addition within 20 to solve word problems involving situations of adding to, putting together, and comparing, with unknowns in all positions, e.g., by using objects, drawings, and equations with a symbol for the unknown number to represent the problem.
~ By Laura Sluss ~ Elementary Excellence ~