Also included in
- This bundle includes the following resources:Count & Noncount NounsActive vs. Passive VoiceComparative AdjectivesLinking VerbsAdjectivesAdjective ClausesGerunds & InfinitivesPlural NounsPossessive NounsPossessive PronounsPossessive AdjectivesAdverb ClausesCompound SentencesModalsTag Question$80.10$89.00Save $8.90
- All the grammar, right here! Save money when you get this bundle of grammar guides, activities, task cards, digital presentations, linguistic investigations, worksheets--it's all here. Created for adult ESL students, all topics used within these resources are not inappropriate for younger learners,$353.70$393.00Save $39.30
- This clauses bundle includes the following:Grammar Guide: Noun ClausesGrammar Guide: Adverb Clauses with WorksheetsGrammar Guide: Adjective Clauses with Worksheets(added on 4/15/2020): Adjective Clauses Digital Presentation(added on 4/29/2020): Noun Clauses Digital PresentationNOTE: This bundl$19.35$21.50Save $2.15
Whether you call them adjective clauses or relative clauses, you probably already know that ESL students struggle with them.
This densely-packed four-page grammar guide:
- Defines adjective clauses
- Lists common relative pronouns & relative adverbs
- Gives sample sentences with adjective (relative) clauses beginning with both subject and object relative pronouns as well as relative adverbs.
- Explains how prepositions are used in conjunction with adjective clauses.
- Outlines how adjective clauses can modify indefinite pronouns
- Summarizes how commas are used with adjective clauses and how their use or lack of use changes the meaning of the sentence.
- Details how to reduce adjective clauses to adjective phrases.
- Touches on how to make/use non-restrictive and restrictive appositives.
- 4-page grammar guide with color AND in black & white
- Identifying Adjective Clauses full page size and 1/2 page size with answer key
- Choose It: Students complete sentences by circling the correct relative pronoun or relative adverb + answer key
- Subjects: Students combine given pairs of sentences by turning the second one into an adjective clause (one page with example, one page without an example) + answer key
- Subject/Object: Students combine given pairs of sentences by turning the second one into an adjective clause (one page with example, one page without an example) + answer key
- Matching: Students match adjective clauses to sentences. One page is split in half (less challenging) one page is full. + answer keys
- Reducing Adjective Phrases: Students rewrite sentences to use reduced adjective phrases. One page has an example; the other doesn't. + answer key
- Creating Adjective Clauses: Students have sentence starters to fill in with adjective clauses of their own creation.
- EASEL VERSION (please see the preview!) added 11/8/2021
Most recent update: 11/8/2021
Definitely check out the digital presentation version of this!!! Adjective Clauses Digital Presentation
Distance Learning? You'll love how I transformed some of the worksheets in this resource into BOOM cards!
This grammar guide was designed for upper intermediate level ESL adults and is also ideal for high school students.
You may also be interested in