After learning about adjectives, students hunt for adjectives and the nouns they describe within a text. This would make a great partner or literacy station activity to integrate reading and parts of speech.
Students will use context clues to help them find the adjectives and nouns.
I would suggest using this activity after the students have had read the text more than once.
The second sheet is a hunt for adverbs and the the verbs they describe within a text.
These text hunts correlate with CC standard L.2.1e or L.3.1g and require the students to already have background knowledge in these parts of speech.
You can differentiate the activity in several ways:
- have a specific text chosen for each of your reading groups
- give the students the page numbers on which to find words
- require students at different levels to find more or fewer words
- as enrichment, have them also identify the type of adjective (color, size, texture, etc.) or the kind of adverb (tells how, when, where)
- as an extension, students could write each sentence on lined paper in which they found the adjective or adverb and replace them with synonyms.
This download is for one-classroom use. Please purchase additional copies at a discounted rate for multiple-classroom use.
Thanks for rating my product positively and following me for future uploads!