Working Words are instructional activities to help teach young students about different kinds of words when learning to read, write, and spell. This Working Words packet is aligned to the Common Core Standards and differentiated for student abilities.
The motivating activities in this packet help to teach emerging readers about the use of adjectives. Included in this packet are:
1. A description of Adjectives with examples and teaching tips
2. An introduction activity
3. A poster to help students remember adjectives when reading and writing
4. Two original songs for fun and reinforcement
5. A full-color book called "Rhyming Riddles" to practice adjectives
6. A black line master for small individual student books
7. A game for partners
8. A worksheet to check for understanding
9. A Read & Draw activity for comprehension
10. A fun enrichment activity
The materials in this packet would be great for a literacy center!
Please be sure to check out the other Working Word packets and bundles in my store. Enjoy! Sheila