Should I use "more" or add "-er"? Give your students practice using adjectives that compare. This fun game is meant to be used after teaching Virginia Writing SOL 5.8b.
1. Label six file folders Round 1 to Round 6. Decorative labels for each folder are included or you can decorate them any way you choose.
2. Make 3 copies of each Round and put them in the corresponding file folders.
3. Determine whether students will be working individually, in pairs, or in groups of 3-4. Make the appropriate number of Rounds Answer Sheets.
1. Give each student, pair, or group of students a Rounds Answer Sheet.
2. Students will go to a Round file folder, (rounds can be completed in any order), take one sheet from the folder and complete the round by writing the letter of their choice in the appropriate space on the answer key.
3. When the Round is complete, students bring the answer sheet to the teacher to check. Award 2 pts. if the answers are correct and the student(s) move to the next round. If the answers are incorrect, circle the number of the incorrect answer(s) and have the student(s) go back and try again. If the answer(s) are correct, award the student(s) 1 pt. and the student(s) move to the next round. If the answer(s) are still incorrect, conference with the student or group to develop understanding. Award 0 pts.
4. Play continues in this manner until all rounds are complete. The student or group with the most points wins.
Copyright © 2013 Kurrai Thompson
All rights reserved by author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only.
Not for public display.