These fun adjective sentence activities are perfect for ESL ELL learners as they learn how to use adjectives in sentences. These sentences are written with errors that students must try to find, fix and re-write. How to teach adjectives in a fun way? This is one of them! Students will love to be the teachers. ;)
Adjectives (homes/houses) - sentence editing strips.
What are Sentence Editing Strips?
These strips are easy to use with almost no prep! The idea is that students work on each strip on their own then pass it along to their partner. Just print, laminate for durability and cut up the strips. The strips are numbered (1-20) on each page for each theme (it's preferable you do each set separately. Instruct the students that they need to complete all strips (1-20). Write the answers on the board at the end of the activity.
- 20 colored strips (present tense)
- 20 larger strips for easy writing
- 20 B&W strips (present tense)
Thank you for stopping by! :)
• Adjective Endings -ed and -ing
• Adjectives Paragraph Sequencing
• Adjectives Sentence Editing Strips
• Writing a Factual Recount Interactive Grammar & Writing Activities
• Homophones Grammar Printable Activity ESL
• Daily Routines - Grammar for ESL Adults or Mature Learners
how to teach adjectives
teaching adjectives lesson plan