Adjectives and Adverbs
This packet addresses common pitfalls in adjective and adverb usage. The material would be appropriate for middle school or high school students. The teaching method incorporates sentence analysis, which requires students to recognize the role of all words in a sentence before determining whether an adjective or adverb is required.
The following are included:
• An introductory handout covering the similarities and differences of adjectives and adverbs
• A section on special cases, covering such issues as the good/well and real/really challenges
• Explanation of the use of adjectives and adverbs in comparison
• A practice worksheet and answer key with teaching tips
• A test and answer key with teaching tips