Lesson Plan (Sequence), Notes and Assignments to learn beginning animation techniques in Adobe Flash. They were built using CS3, but could be easily manipulated and applied to other versions of Adobe Flash. Additionally, all documentation could be modified to meet your needs because MS Word files are included.
This doesn't teach you how to use Adobe Flash (although I've included a list of online tutorials for such learning), but it does incorporate a sequence for learning and possible assignments at each step.
- the flash interface (notes with a key)
- using and working with drawing tools
- editing images (that are free to use from the internet)
- intro to animation notes
- frame by frame and tweening animation techniques
- notes on the frame by frame and tweening techniques
- a written and performance test on the unit (with key)
Generally, as students demonstrate mastery of the skills to be learned, and is school/level appropriate, they can take any spin off of any assignment and meet the requirements. It's creative, clever and fun!