Illustrator is a program that that enables you to create and to work with vector graphics.
These activities are suitable for Illustrator CS4, CS5, CS6 and CC on either a PC or a Mac.
In these step-by-step activities we investigate:
• the Illustrator workspace and basic operations
• the difference between raster and vector graphics; common file types of each
• fill and stroke
• drawing lines and shapes; fill and stroke
• selection and direct selection
• using the pen, pencil, blob brush and paintbrush tools
• the shape builder tool
• tracing a line drawing and converting it to a vector graphic
• Type tools: text, paragraph, path, and special effects
• converting text to a vector shape.