Are you looking for a fun activity for your students to do during Open House or a new project based learning activity to try? Want to help to encourage your students to read?
Adopt a reading buddy pet is a perfect solution! Set up a pretend adoption site in your classroom today!
Your students will love getting to adopt their very own pets! They can choose an animal to take care of, fill out adoption papers, decorate a dog carrier, and more! Students will love getting to choose a reading buddy with this fun beginning of the year activity.
Use the customizable/editable signs to add your classroom or school name to make the project unique to you and your students. You can also use these signs to create a dramatic play station for your PreK or kindergarten students.
Included in this resource
- A PDF with all pages and the ability to add your school name to some signs
- A PowerPoint with certificates, signs, and other templates that you can customize for your students
- Directions and suggestions for how to use this resource
- Full page adoption agency sign (color & black and white)
- Logo/sign to put on the pet carrier boxes (color and black and white)
- 5 color choices for directions signs (add your own directions in PowerPoint)
- 4 choices for adoption applications
- A parent letter
- 2 Reading Log options
- 3 journal cover options
- 2 blank journal pages
- 3 adoption certificate options (in color and black and white)
- 12 paper pet options for adoptable pets
You will need PowerPoint to add your names to these templates. Most of the text is NOT editable and none of the images are moveable.
♥ Click Here to Follow Me and be the first to know about new products and freebies! Most new products are 50% off for the first 48 hours! ♥
★★★ Please leave feedback for this product. Your comments are appreciated and you earn TPT credits toward a future purchase for every feedback you leave! ★★★
→ You can contact me with any questions or concerns at TeachingExceptionalKinders@gmail.com
You may also be interested in these classroom management resources:
Created by © Amy Murray - Teaching Exceptional Kinders 2019