This listing is for an escape the room/breakout box activity that is all about ADULTING. This bundled activity includes all the directions and printables to complete the activity. This activity is meant for a high school Family and Consumer Sciences class. You will need to purchase supplies to complete the activities separately (the box, locks, etc). There is a document included in this bundle that has the cheapest places I have found to purchase everything.
The activities go over subjects such as basic cooking knowledge, basic laundry knowledge, budgeting, knowing how tip and managing your bank account.
This activity can be adjusted to do as little or as much of it as you want. There is also literature included on how to do the activity with just one box for your entire class or how to do it with having multiple boxes in your class.
Included in this bundle:
-Game Overview Document
Getting Started & Set Up Folder
1) Basic Breakout Box Info- has information on what a breakout box is and where to get the tools needed to complete the activity
2) Getting Set Up- Tells you what you need to do beforehand for the activity (what to print, where to put clues, etc)
3) Photo Directions on Setting Up the Box- A document that has photos and directions on how to set up the whole activity.
Day of Game Folder:
1) Day of Game and Setting up: Tells you what to do on the day of the game to set up for the activity
2) #ADULTING Breakout Box Intro PP- Powerpoint that you show to the students as an intro to the activity.
1) Has 8 folders of the clues and the answer keys
2) Document that has the lock combinations all in one place.
1) Has a folder full of printables for your students to use to take pictures of themselves after the game things like “WE BROKE OUT!”
2) Congratulations print out- to go inside the box
3) Hint Page- Document that has premade hints for you to give to the students if they use their hint ticket
4) Hint Ticket printable
5) Open Lock Placemat
**NOTE: While it can be somewhat expensive to get a breakout box going, once you have all the supplies you can do all the breakout games you want with the same supplies.***
Here is a link to a FREE breakout box game I have made that is perfect for a FCCLA meeting or to introduce FCCLA to your classes: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/FCCLA-Breakout-BoxEscape-the-Room-Game-for-FCS-Classes-3251346