Also included in
- This BUNDLE includes 24 videos, plus the songs, lyrics, and instructional guide. It's everything you need to teach advanced phonics concepts to your grade 1-4 children. Songs use research-based principles, so they should match and enhance just about any phonics program that you are already using. I'Price $39.99Original Price $51.98Save $11.99
- This Science of Reading bundle includes my Early Phonics, Phonics Time, and Advanced Phonics resources. This set is ideal if you are:A reading specialist.A teacher who wants to find a fun way to differentiate instruction within your class.A teacher or parent who wants to understand (and teach) the SPrice $112.49Original Price $175.94Save $63.45
#DistanceLearning Much research--often referred to as the "Science of Reading"--indicates that children learn best from direct, explicit, systematic phonics instruction. These 24 videos will teach children to find patterns in the English language. They'll study rules, exceptions, multisyllabic words, comparative spellings, and more. I've included details about each song's teaching objectives below. You can see a FREE video if you click on the "Video Preview." Note that I include all parts of various topics in songs. I recommend playing songs and then focusing lessons on one aspect of a topic at a time. For instance, children learn about five types of plurals in "Plurals, Plurals, Plurals, Plurals." Start your lesson with a fun song, and then focus on one type per day. In this way, all students will review previous learning, be prepared for the day's focus, and have the opportunity to preview future objectives.
**This set matches my Advanced Phonics music-book set, available HERE. You can get song-only versions, along with a detailed lyric & instructional guide. If you want to have a better understanding of advanced phonics concepts and practical ways to teach them, this book is for you!
***Please e-mail me at email@example.com to access this program from my web page. It's more visual and will include teaching tips. Please just write a note saying, "I promise to follow site policies and will not share links unless I purchase additional licenses."
****This license is for one teacher to share (stream) with your class of up to 30 children for your entire teaching career. To share all links with up to 30 individual students and their parents, please purchase an additional license each year. (I hope you understand and follow this policy...These are very expensive to make, and your purchases will enable me to keep making more!!)
Part 1: Rules, exceptions, prefixes, suffixes, & more!
1. Read a Book (Motivates children to find patterns in words)
2. Plurals, Plurals, Plurals, Plurals (Teaches 5 ways to make plurals)
3. Ed Says, "Ed, d, t." (Teaches 3 sounds of _ed)
4. Past Tense Tricks (Teaches about words that don't follow the "_ed" rule)
5. Double Consonants (Teaches about adding double consonants to 1- and 2-syllable words)
6. Silent Letters (Explicitly demonstrates silent letters in words)
7. Le, El, Al, Il (Teaches 4 types of endings that make the /le/ sound)
8. "It" Is Not So Simple (Teaches ways to spell /it/ and /in/)
9. A Base Word is the Basic Word (Teaches the meaning of base words with many examples of suffixes)
10. Prefixes and Suffixes (Gives examples and teaches meanings of prefixes and suffixes)
11. Multisyllabic Words (Uses U.S. states to demonstrate how to hear the first, second and third syllables in words)
12. Short and Long Vowel Review (Compares short and long vowel sounds in words. This review from is important for understanding the 7 kinds of syllables and how to divide them.)
13. 7 Kinds of Syllables (Teaches the seven syllable types in the English language)
14. Dividing Syllables (Teaches how to divide syllables)
15. It's the Schwa (Teaches the meaning of the schwa sound and gives examples of its many spellings)
16. Ture, Cher, Jure, Sure (Gives children examples of words that have these endings)
17. Ent, Ence, Ency (Gives children examples of words that have these endings)
18. Ery, Ary, Ory (Gives children examples of words that have these endings)
Part 2: Comparative spellings
19. Alphabet Sounds (Shows ways to spell basic alphabet consonant sounds)
20. Short Vowel Sounds (Shows ways to spell short vowel sounds)
21. Long Vowel Sounds (Shows ways to spell long vowel sounds)
22. Difficult Sounds (Shows ways to spell variant vowel, diphthong, and consonant digraph sounds)
23. R-Controlled Vowels (Shows ways to spell words in which a vowel is followed by an r)
24. Strange Spellings (Shows many examples of comparative spellings)