Advanced Placement (AP) Biology Review PowerPoint
Topic: Characteristics of Carbon and Organic Compounds
Keywords: Advanced placement biology, test prep, AP exam, AP biology exam.
Please note: This product is also included in a bundled package. Check out this product listing if you are interested in purchasing all 25 of my Review PowerPoints for AP Biology.
This is not a teaching powerpoint.
This powerpoint is suitable for Advanced Placement Biology classes that need a quick review over a particular topic. Several months before the AP Biology exam, I begin to run through these short powerpoints to start my students on the road to reviewing for the exam in May. Each powerpoint is a set of questions followed by the answer. As the exam approaches, I spend 10 to 15 minutes each class period running through the questions on these review powerpoints. Keeping previously taught material fresh in the mind of the student is key to scoring well on the AP exam.
This powerpoint would not be suitable for teaching the material for the first time. This powerpoint is simply a question followed by the answer. It covers what I consider to be the main points and ideas for each topic.
This particular powerpoint contains 71 slides with 71 questions and answers. It covers the following:
1. Organic compounds: Definition, types, the role of carbon, carbon backbones
2. Characteristics of carbon
3. Functional groups
4. The building blocks of organic compounds: sugars, fatty acids, glycerol, amino acids, and nitrogen bases.
5. Polymer principles: macromolecules, polymers, monomers, dehydration reactions, hydrolysis reactions
6. Carbohydrates: general structure, type of sugars, structural and storage polysaccharides, starch, glycogen, cellulose, chitin.
7. Lipids: general structure , hydrophobic, hydrophilic, saturated and unsaturated, uses of lipids, phospholipids, waxes and cholesterol.
8. Proteins: general structure, amino acids, levels of protein organization, uses of proteins, denaturation of proteins.
The powerpoint is based on "Biology" by Campbell and Reece.
Other AP Biology Review Powerpoints Include:
AP Biology Review: Classification and Phylogeny
AP Biology Review: Chromosomal Basis of Inheritance
AP Biology Review: Transcription and Translation
AP Biology Review: Water and Its Properties
AP Biology Review: Carbon and Organic Compounds
AP Biology Review: Cell Communication
AP Biology Review: Ecology
AP Biology Review: Cell Structure and Function
AP Biology Review: Cell Membrane Structure and Function
AP Biology Review: Introduction to Metabolism
AP Biology Review: Mitosis and the Cell Cycle
AP Biology Review Powerpoint: Meiosis
AP Biology Review Powerpoint: Cellular Respiration
AP Biology Review Powerpoint: Photosynthesis
AP Biology Review Powerpoint: Viruses
Test Prep for AP Biology Exam: Bacteria and Archaea
Test Prep for AP Biology: Fungi and Protists
AP Biology Review: Introduction to Animal Development
AP Biology Review: Invertebrates and Vertebrates
AP Biology Review: Mendel and the Gene Idea
AP Biology Review: DNA and Replication
AP Biology Review: Evolution
AP Biology Review: Plants, Plants, Plants!
AP Biology Review: Human Anatomy and Physiology
AP Biology Review: Animal Behavior
For updates about sales and new products, please follow my store:
My TpT Store
I would love to have you follow me at these locations as well:
Science Stuff Blog
My Facebook Page
Amy Brown (Science Stuff)