Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Advanced Placement (AP) Biology Review PowerPoint
Topic: DNA and Replication
Keywords: Advanced placement biology, test prep, AP exam, AP biology exam.
This is not a teaching powerpoint. This powerpoint is suitable for Advanced Placement Biology classes that need a quick review over a particular topic. Several months before the AP Biology exam, I begin to run through these short powerpoints to start my students on the road to reviewing for the exam in May. Each powerpoint is a set of questions followed by the answer. As the exam approaches, I spend 10 to 15 minutes each class period running through the questions on these review powerpoints. Keeping previously taught material fresh in the mind of the student is key to scoring well on the AP exam.
Please note: This product is also sold in a bundled package. Check out this product listing if you are interested in purchasing all 25 of my Review PowerPoints for AP Biology.
This powerpoint would not be suitable for teaching the material for the first time. This powerpoint is simply a question followed by the answer. It covers what I consider to be the main points and ideas for each topic.
This particular PowerPoint contains 67 slides. It covers the following topics:
2. The history of Watson and Crick and the double helix.
3. DNA structure, nucleotides, nitrogen bases, sugars, phosphates, purines, pyrimidines, base pairing rules, the structure of nucleotides, location of hydrogen and covalent bonds, the sugar/phosphate backbone.
4. Chargaff's Rule
5. The antiparallel direction of the DNA, the location of phosphates and hydroxyl groups on the sugar molecules.
6. DNA measurements, length of one full turn, distance between bases
7. Replication of DNA, the steps of replication, the accuracy and error rate of replication, replication bubble, replication fork, origins of replication.
8. The enzymes: DNA polymerase, topoisomerase, single strand binding protein, primase, helicase, ligase.
9. The adding of new nucleotides by dehydration, nucleoside triphosphates, the leading and lagging strands, Okazaki fragments, primers.
This PowerPoint does NOT include genetics problems. This is strictly a review of terms and definitions.
I offer one of my AP Biology Review PowerPoints as a free download. It covers the topic of Organic Compounds and Biochemistry. This will give you a good idea of what my review PowerPoints are like. Click this link to download the free PowerPoint on Organic Compounds.
The powerpoint is based on the 8th edition "Biology" by Campbell and Reece.
I hope that you will take a look at the free preview. It consists of the first few slides of the powerpoint. Thanks for looking!
Other AP Biology Review Powerpoints Include:
For updates about sales and new products, please follow my store:
I would love to have you follow me at these locations as well: