Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Advanced Placement (AP) Biology Review PowerPoint
Keywords: Advanced placement biology, test prep, AP exam, AP biology exam.
This is not a teaching powerpoint. This powerpoint is suitable for Advanced Placement Biology classes that need a quick review over a particular topic. Several months before the AP Biology exam, I begin to run through these short powerpoints to start my students on the road to reviewing for the exam in May. Each powerpoint is a set of questions followed by the answer. As the exam approaches, I spend 10 to 15 minutes each class period running through the questions on these review powerpoints. Keeping previously taught material fresh in the mind of the student is key to scoring well on the AP exam.
I offer one of my AP Biology Review PowerPoints as a free download. It covers the topic of Organic Compounds and Biochemistry. This will give you a good idea of what my review PowerPoints are like. Click this link to download the free PowerPoint on Organic Compounds.
This powerpoint would not be suitable for teaching the material for the first time. This powerpoint is simply a question followed by the answer. It covers what I consider to be the main points and ideas for each topic.
Please note: This product is also sold in a bundled package. Check out this product listing if you are interested in purchasing all 25 of my Review PowerPoints for AP Biology.
This particular PowerPoint contains 28 slides with 28 questions. It covers the following topics:
1. Differences between sexual and asexual reproduction.
2. Advantages and disadvantages of sexual and asexual reproduction.
3. Cell division and chromosome number: homologous chromosomes, haploid, diploid, somatic cells, gametes, autosomes, sex chromosomes.
4. Stage of meiosis, results of meiosis, importance of meiosis.
5. Tetrads, synapsis, chiasmata, crossing over.
6. Comparison of mitosis and meiosis.
7. Genetic variation: independent assortment, random fertilization, crossing over.
8. Oogenesis and spermatogenesis
The powerpoint is based on the 8th edition Biology by Campbell and Reece.
I hope that you will take a look at the free preview. It consists of the first 8 slides of the powerpoint. Thanks for looking!
Other AP Biology Review Powerpoints Include:
For updates about sales and new products, please follow my store:
I would love to have you follow me at these locations as well: