Includes: Readings, graphics, critical thinking questions, and more!
Review the present tense in context
Review the two verbs that mean to be: SER and ESTAR
To understand principal societies that shaped the culture, food, architecture, art and language of Mexico
To help develop critical thinking skills: synthesizing, analyzing and interpretation
Prepare background and cultural knowledge for our first unit: The Road to El Dorado
1. I can talk about who Hernán Cortés is and why he is important in history.
2. I can describe Tenochtitlán and traits of the Aztec people, their society and the importance of their empire.
3. I can conjugate SER and ESTAR in all forms with correct spelling and accents.
4. I can choose between SER and ESTAR correctly when forming sentences.
5. I can produce (say, define, use correctly) at least 25 new vocabulary words from this unit.
6. I can conjugate and use correctly –AR, -ER and –IR verbs.