Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This bundle contains multiple resources for teaching your students how adverbs are used in sentences. Your students will have MANY opportunities to practice identifying adverbs.
I recommend starting with the PowerPoint, because it introduces students to adverbs in a logical and systematic way. There are 5 main sections in the PowerPoint:
1. Adverbs can modify verbs.
2. Adverbs can modify adjectives.
3. Adverbs can modify adverbs.
4. Many adverbs end with -LY, but there are also many adverbs that do NOT end in these two letters. Furthermore, students are reminded that there are words that end with -ly that are NOT adverbs (friendly, lovely, apply, family)
5. The final section contains many practice slides.
After you introduce the key concepts with the PowerPoint, there are many engaging activities that will allow your students to continue identifying adverbs.
This bundle includes:
1. a 76-slide PowerPoint
2. a 6-page matching PowerPoint companion handout
3. 30 Boom Cards (digital task cards)
4. a foldable study guide
5. 6 practice worksheets
6. a game with 45 sentence cards
7. an assessment
As an added bonus, I created 5 days of LESSON PLANS that outline how and when I use each of the included resources! You don't have to follow the lesson plan format I provide, of course, but it might be helpful in providing a bit of direction for you.
CHECK OUT THE PREVIEW!!
Copyright by Deb Hanson 2017
Please note: The PowerPoint cannot be edited due to the copyright requirements made by the contributing artists (clip art, font, background).
Visit my blog! www.crafting-connections.blogspot.com
This item is a paid digital download from my TpT store
As such, it is for use in one classroom only. This item is also bound by copyright laws. Redistributing, editing, selling, or posting this item (or any part thereof) on the Internet are all strictly prohibited without first gaining permission from the author. Violations are subject to the penalties of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. Please contact me if you wish to be granted special permissions!