Adverbs word searches and literacy tasks.
In this adverbs packet you will receive:
- 5 Adverbs Word Searches
- A two page Literacy Bonus Activity (5 Adverbs Post-Word Search Tasks)
- Answer sheets for the word searches
My students love doing word searches, so I created these to help them learn a variety of adverbs, practice their spelling and to extend their vocabulary. Every time a student completes an adverbs word search, I instruct them to complete the 5 tasks on the Adverbs Post-Word Search Worksheet, which has been designed to give students an opportunity to learn and use some of the words from the word search list. These tasks can be used for every word search!
In the word searches, words can go forward, backward, horizontal, vertical or diagonal. I have highlighted where all of the words are on the answer sheet.
The five post word search literacy tasks involve:
- writing sentences
- alphabetical order
- sorting adverbs into categories (how, when, how often, where, how much and other)
- write a short story
Ways you could use this resource:
- Supplement your adverbs (grammar) lessons – give students more opportunities to increase their vocabulary in a fun way.
- Have an extra 15 minutes to spare at the end of your literacy session? Use one of the word searches + post activity tasks as a fill in activity and give your students the opportunity to learn a variety of adverbs and practice spelling/using them.
- Early finisher tasks – A fun and simple activity for students to continue working on when they finish their work early.
- Use as a literacy center activity!
- Great for the Sub Tub too!
If you have any issues or queries with this product , please contact me on JJResourceCreations@gmail.com and I will be more than happy to help!
Thank you for your purchase! I hope your students enjoy and benefit from this resource!
You may also be interested in:
Nouns (Word Searches + Tasks Set)
Articles (PowerPoint + Worksheets Set)
Verbs (Word Searches + Tasks)
Adjectives Word Searches + Tasks Pack