Aesop's fables are for kids, right? Wrong! Always intended for an adult audience (and performed at the royal courts of ancient Greek city states), Aesop's original fables are a GREAT way to teach literary interpretation in your high school and upper middle school classrooms. Plus, the fables are perfectly bite-sized for instruction, activities, and most importantly stimulating discussion.
Included in this 28-page packet are the following:
1) a 3-page introduction to fables, Aesop, and interpretation
2) 30 hand-selected fables proven to challenge older students
3) a practice quiz and a final quiz (5 fables each)
4) a 3-page, write-your-own fable creative writing activity
5) answer keys to all 40 fables in the unit, plus a teaching guide