Aesop’s Fables – pure and simple! Enjoy 12 one-page printable and shareable versions of Aesop’s Fables. Each fable has been adapted for to present-day language for intermediate grade students.
NEW: This resource now includes a website with full-page texts to project for instruction, as well as links to shareable PDFs. As a bonus, the website offers two pages that introduce Aesop and his fables, 18 higher-order questions to use with any fable, and ideas for pairing texts.
Created by master teacher Brenda Kovich
, these resources are classroom tested and kid approved. They’re also available as a part of a Fables Bundle
. No need to buy both! In addition to this writing activity, the bundle includes reading, drama, and more. Check it out!
• The Ants and the Grasshopper
• The Boy Who Cried Wolf
• The Dog and His Shadow
• The Donkey and the Load of Salt
• The Fox and the Crow
• The Fox and the Grapes
• The Goose and the Golden Egg
• The North Wind and the Sun
• The Miller, His Son, and the Donkey
• The Peacock
• The Tortoise and the Hare
• The Town Mouse and the Country Mouse
Additional Fable-Based Products:
• Reading Aesop's Fables
- includes four of the fables listed above and reading activities
• Writing Fables
- two of the fables listed above are included in a narrative writing unit
• Theme Unit
- four of the fables listed above are included in a unit that teaches students to find a theme
• Summarizing Unit
- six of the fables listed above are included in a unit that teaches students how to summarize
I'm committed to continual improvement. This file was updated and enhanced on October 15, 2017.