Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
If you want your students activity engaged in their learning, these Aesop's Fables Readers' Theater plays and activities are exactly what you're looking for! There is so much in this bundle that you will use all throughout the year.
Using Readers' Theater is a research-proven way to increase reading fluency, teach reading strategies, and engage students in your classroom. Combining this awesome approach with Aesop's Fables, you are now equipped to teach reading in a phenomenal way, as well as incorporate character education! Why look anywhere else?
This newly updated 117 page bundle includes:
1. 10 different Aesop's Fables, written in Readers' Theater format. Formats are intended for 1st-3rd grade, as vocabulary is geared toward sight word review and sounding out simple words. Lesson plans give suggestions for higher students (high 2nd - 3rd) for creating synonyms to replace some simple vocabulary to increase the readability. Scripts vary from 3-6 speaking parts, perfect for small groups!
2. Detailed lesson plans for each script, for each grade (again, 1st - 3rd). Lesson plans include I can statements, Common Core strands, before, during and after reading instruction, and writing extensions. Reading strategies covered in lessons are
* Determining Cause and Effect
* Compare/Contrast Characters
* Making Inferences
* Identifying and Evaluating Problem and Solution
* Sequencing and Summarizing
3. Graphic organizers that correspond with each lesson. Graphic organizers can fit any of the fables, too, so you can get a variety of use out of them!
4. Anchor charts (and assembly directions) that correspond with lesson topics
5. Craftivities and Games to extend language practice for your students.
6. Aesop's Fables Character Headband craft - perfect for performances!
Uses for these Readers' Theater scripts are endless: teach as a whole unit, pull out lessons as fillers between curriculum units, use on those "short weeks," use as substitute plans...
Each Readers' Theater story and plan is for sale separately in my TpT store, but when purchased all together, you save money.
Other related items to check out...
Check out these other great links from The Owl Spot!
*******BACK TO SCHOOL
*******MATH TASK CARDS
*******READERS THEATER PRIMARY
*******READING TASK CARDS
*******MIDDLE GRADES PRODUCTS
For the most current information on new products, sales, and updates, click the green star above to follow The Owl Spot!
Happy Teaching from The Owl Spot!