Looking for engaging ideas for those end of the school year days? Are your students excited about getting out of school and just can't seem to be quiet? Then, Readers' Theater may be just what you're looking for!
Using Readers' Theater is a research-proven way to increase reading fluency, teach reading strategies, and engage students in your classroom. Combining this awesome approach with Aesop's Fables, you are now equipped to teach reading in a phenomenal way, as well as incorporate character education! Why look anywhere else?
This 65 page bundle includes:
1. 10 different Aesop's Fables, written in Readers' Theater format. Formats are intended for 1st-3rd grade, as vocabulary is geared toward sight word review and sounding out simple words. Lesson plans give suggestions for higher students (high 2nd - 3rd) for creating synonyms to replace some simple vocabulary to increase the readability.
2. Detailed lesson plans for each script, for each grade (again, 1st - 3rd). Lesson plans include I can statements, Common Core strands, before, during and after reading instruction, and writing extensions. Reading strategies covered in lessons are
* Determining Cause and Effect
* Compare/Contrast Characters
* Making Inferences
* Identifying and Evaluating Problem and Solution
* Sequencing and Summarizing
3. Graphic organizers that correspond with each lesson.
4. A sample Readers' Theater script and activity from my "Fairy Tales" bundle!!! Try it out - see what you think!
Uses for these Readers' Theater scripts are endless: teach as a whole unit, pull out lessons as fillers between curriculum units, use on those "short weeks," use as substitute plans...
Each Readers' Theater story and plan is for sale separately in my TpT store, but when purchased all together, you save money.
Other related items to check out...
*******Fairy Tale Readers Theater Bundle
*******Fairy Tales Meet Aesop Readers Theater Mega Bundle
*******Aesop's Fables Readers Theater Plays Just the Scripts
check out my "Fairy Tale Readers' Theater bundle" as well as my "Aesop Meets Fairy Tales - Mega bundle" You get them all! Huge savings of over $20 with the Mega bundle.
Happy Teaching! - Martha from "The Owl Spot"