Products in this Bundle (4)
Introducing the ultimate fables genre study! The unit includes 10 stories with comprehension questions, 7 plays, and a writing activity. It’s a complete reading, writing, speaking, and listening experience.
BONUS: Clickable Lesson Plans - Two weeks of reading and writing lesson plans are ready to go! Just click to open digital files and share with your students.
Resources are ready for classroom, hybrid, or distance learning. Student resources are available as printable PDFs and interactive Easel Activities. The dialogue slideshow can be viewed as PowerPoint or Google Slides.
- 10 Aesop’s fables with comprehension questions
- “The Ants and the Grasshopper”
- “The Boy Who Cried Wolf”
- “The Donkey and the Load of Salt”
- “The Fox and the Crow”
- “The Fox and the Grapes”
- “The Goose and the Golden Eggs”
- “The Miller, His Son, and the Donkey”
- “The Peacock”
- “The Tortoise and the Hare”
- “The Town Mouse and the Country Mouse”
- Fables in drama form – seven printable plays
- “The Boy Who Cried Wolf” (3 pages, 7 characters)
- “The Crow and the Fox” (2 pages, 3 characters)
- “The Crow and the Pitcher (2 pages, 2 characters)
- “The Miller, His Son, and Their Donkey” (3 pages, 14 characters)
- “The Pot of Gold” (4 pages, 4 characters)
- “The Wolf and the Goat” (2 pages, 3 characters)
- “The Wolf and the Horse” (2 pages, 6+ characters)
- Lesson plans
- Slideshow (PowerPoint or Google Slides) on writing dialogue
- Dialogue reference guide
- Dialogue practice worksheet
- Worksheet for analysis of animals and their traits
- List of proverbs (to help select morals)
- 3 planning sheets
- 1 page of transition terms
- Editing sheet
- BONUS: Clickable Lesson Plans - Two weeks of fables lesson plans are ready to go! Just click to open digital files and share with your students.
Open the previews to get a better look at each resource.
Would you like to be notified when I post new resources? Just follow me on TpT!
I'm committed to continual improvement. This resource was updated and enhanced on February 24, 2021.