Add a little drama to your class! Seven fables are written as plays. You can use them for reader’s theater, short skits, or full-blown performances with costumes and props.
This product is also available as part of my Fables Bundle
. No need to buy both! In addition to these plays, the bundle includes reading fables, writing fables, and more. Check it out!
Reproducible scripts for seven plays are included. Click on PREVIEW to see the entire set.
• “The Boy Who Cried Wolf”
– Seven characters: a shepherd boy, the master, the pastor, the merchant, the baker, the butcher, and the wolf
• “The Crow and the Fox”
– three characters: a crow, her daughter, and a fox
• “The Crow and the Pitcher”
– two characters: a crow and a sparrow
• “The Miller, His Son, and Their Donkey”
– fourteen characters: the miller, his son, three maidens, three old men, three young men, the mayor and his assistant, and the donkey
• “The Pot of Gold”
– five characters: the farmer, his three sons, and the merchant
• “The Wolf and the Goat”
– three characters: white wolf, gray wolf, and a young goat
• “The Wolf and the Horse”
– seven or more characters: wolf, horse, master, maid, boy, and neighbors
All plays, based on Aesop’s Fables, have been adapted from Children’s Classics in Dramatic Form, Books 1 and 2, by Augusta Stevenson Published in 1908 and 1909, the texts are now in the public domain.
Do you love this resource but need help paying for it? When your school signs up for TpT for Schools, you can request resources to be purchased by your school. Share this video
with your administrator to get the conversation started.