This set will help your 6th and 7th graders learn affixes and use that knowledge to determine the meaning of new words.
1. Fill-in chart for affix definitions and samples (with answers) in Excel
2. 1 assignment for each set of affixes (words made with 5 affixes on each assignment) in Word & PDF
3. Answer Sheet for Assignments in Word in PDF
4. Answers to Assignments in PDF
5. 4 Practice assignments in which students use their knowledge of affixes to guess at the definitions of new words
Group 1 (Illinois 6th grade affixes): ambi, arch, bene, bio, cycle, de, di, duct, ex, fore, ous, para, ship, super, sym, tempo, ultra, vale
Group 2 (Illinois 7th grade affixes): anti, astro, calor, cide, corp, cred, dorm, epi, eu, flex, macro, mari, micro, mono, peri, pseudo, semi, ure