Updated to August 21, 2017
I am an award winning, recently retired HS global studies teacher, now teaching in the Political Science Dept. of URI, and the Education Dept. of Salve Regina. Hence, I feel that I know my content well, and I also know a lot of successful teaching strategies which assist me in conveying said content. (See my profile)
Nine teachers have purchased this product in the past year.
There are 4 files included: (a) a 51 slide Power Point which covers fascinating information regarding Osama bin Laden's influences, actions and extended family. (b) 13 pages of information which I researched and wrote, covering Osama, Al Qaeda and Afghanistan
(c) a guided note sheet which you can use with your students
(d) President Trump's Aug 21, 2017 speech on Afghanistan policy.
The following sections are covered in the 13 pages mentioned above. Two of the sections are shown in the Preview.
1) Concise history of Afghanistan prior to the Soviet invasion
2) Occupation of Afghanistan by the USSR
3) Civil war in Afghanistan
4) The rule of the Taliban
5) Osama bin Laden's extended family
6) Osama goes from Saudi Arabia to Afghanistan, back to Saudi Arabia, then to Sudan and back to Afghanistan
7) Osama's terrorist training camps in Afghanistan during Taliban rule
8) Osama's list of grievances against the USA and the West
9) the Al-Qaeda organization
10) Terrorist actions by Al-Qaeda prior to 9/11
If you like my style and substance, check out my other 51 products on TpT at my TpT "store": 21st Century Global Studies. Here are some of my products: ISIS, Islam - you'll be surprised, Syria, Iraq, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Iran, Terrorism, Central American migration to the USA, Guatemala, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Honduras, Botswana, Somalia, Comparative Electoral systems, UN Simulations on Capital Punishment, Drug Trafficking, Climate Change and Syria, Democracy, Communism, Bhutan, N. Korea, Finland and more!